Saturday, May 24, 2008

Canberra, Florence, Krakow

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." -Robert Louis Stevenson

"A good traveler has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving."
- Lao Tzu

quick posting from Krakow, Poland Saturday May 24th 11:15pm

So, I know I've been very very neglectful of the blog, but I wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive and kicking! I had a fantastic time in Australia with Annika and Michaela. It was like a 12 day slumber party only with cocktail bars and kangaroos hopping all over the roads (seriously- even in Canberra)! Great food, great times, great fun . . . hopefully I will post some pictures soon!

Annika and Michaela-- THANK YOU!!!! You were both terrific hosts, I love you both and can't wait to see you again- come visit in the U.S.!!!!

I traveled for over 36 hours to get from Canberra to Florence (Etihad airlines were fantastic, although the Abu Dhabi airport was not my personal fave) . . . but it was worth it!!! Florence was incredible and it was fantastic to see my parents again. Oh, the food!!! The art! The buildings! More later :-)

My mother and I have spent the last few days in Krakow . .. churches, castles, medieval squares . . . it is gorgeous. Tomorrow we're heading into the Polish countryside to visit the towns that my mother's family came from. Then we'll head down into Slovakia and then back up into Poland again next week. It is not really planned, we will go where the spirit takes us, and we are sure it will be a grand adventure!

Later on, when I have more energy, there will be more updates! Love to all!

0 comments: