Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Krakow and back again

But do not ask me where I am heading,
As I travel in this limitless world
Where every step I take is my home
~ Portion of a Poem by Eihei Dogen ~

Krakow, Poland June 3, 2008 9pm

Here I sit in the basement of lovely Mama's hostel waiting to depart for my night train to Budapest. There is so much to cover from the trip across southeastern Poland and eastern Slovakia, that there is no way I can do it justice at the minute. My mom and I had a fantastic amazing time, and the rural areas of these two countries were beautiful! I have many pictures and stories to share, and I think my mom may even be contributing some! I have been back in Krakow for the last two days nursing a cold I picked up in Slovakia and planning my next two weeks before I begin my Wwoofing at Chateau Brandeau in the Bordeaux region of France. Krakow is lovely, but having spent over 5 days here, I am ready to move on!

I will update more in Budapest! Lots of Love!
Anna


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am neck-deep in grading final papers, and am also nursing the same cold as anna, but as soon as I finish the papers, I will send along additions to both Forence and the Poland-Slovakia leg of the trip with Anna. We had a great time together, and it was harder to say goodbye to her this time than back in March! I cried when we parted at the airport in Krakow. I am looking forward to hearing about Budapest, Prague, Paris, and Stockholm, not to mention the vineyard in Bordeaux. By the way, don't Anika, Anna and Michaela look like beautiful sisters?! love, mom.